Installation and Frame Information for canopy bed curtains
- Option 1 Attach directly to a traditional four poster canopy
- Option 2 Attach directly to ceiling hooks with a minimum of 4 hooks
- Option 3 Suspend with bamboo or wooden poles for a tropical feel or in large rooms.
- Option 4 Suspend with a concealed curtain rod in the sleeve of the ceiling of the canopy for a contemporary look or for smaller rooms.
- Box shaped bed canopies require at least 4 points of attachment.
- Our patented design features ceiling ties and a sleeve in the ceiling, allowing this beautiful and versatile canopy bed curtain to be displayed in different ways.
- Every Box shaped bed canopy has display instructions on the inside of the packaging.
- Each corner is provided with an internal and external tie, allowing the 'doors' to be tied open during the day.
Will Bed canopy Curtains fit on my Four Poster Bed?
When choosing your canopy curtains we suggest that you measure the top frame of your poster bed and then select the size you need. If there is not an exact match then select the next size up as excess fabric can be gathered into the corners. It can be attached in a variety of ways depending upon the type of four poster bed you have.
Do I have to use a frame?
No. The unique patented design of our box canopies is so versatile that you do not have to use a frame, you can simply suspend your canopy by attaching cords to ceiling hooks. We have found that the use of a frame whether it is bamboo, steel or timber adds to the presentation and visual impact of your display.
Is bamboo heavy?
No. A set of cured bamboo poles weighs only 4 Kilo's /8.8 pounds and if green will weigh only 17.6 pounds.
Do CanopyBedCurtains supply bamboo frames?
No. We recommend US customers to purchase 4 bamboo poles from http://www.beautifulbamboo.com/poles.php Other International customers will need to source poles domestically. If you find a supplier you would like to recommend please contact us!
What dimension poles do I need for a timber or bamboo frame?
Single: 2 @ 4ft 7in and 2 @ 7ft 7in.
Double: 2 @ 5ft 2in and 2 @ 7ft 7in.
Queen: 2 @ 6ft 7in and 2 @ 7ft 11in.
King: 2 @ 7ft 7in and 2 @ 7ft 11in.
These dimensions allow the poles to overlap and "cross" in an attractive manner. We have found that using a diametre that ranges from 1 to 3 inches (3 to 5cm) to be the best. Overlap the poles and tie together with cord, line,leather or rope
What is the hidden frame?
A CanopyBedCurtain innovation is the provision of a sleeve on the ceiling of each box canopy. The sleeve allows the use of 3/4 inch curtain rod which together with 4 corner brackets create a frame that is hidden in the canopy ceiling.Curtain rod corner brackets are usually supplied at curtain hardware outlets.
Is a curtain rod frame heavy?
No. It weighs approx 4 pounds (2 kg).
Where can I get a curtain rod frame?
You can make a frame by using curtain rod, available at most curtain product outlets, and cutting it to the following dimensions:
Single: 2 @ 81.1in and 2 @ 41.7in
Double 2 @ 81.1in and 2 @ 56.7in
Queen: 2 @ 83.5in and 2 @ 64.6in.
King: 2 @ 86.6in and 2 @ 74.8in
You will need 4 corner brackets or adjustable elbows which are also available at curtain hardware outlets.
Do we supply hooks?
No. They can be purchased from local hardware stores to suit individual needs and requirements. Please consult a qualified tradesman if necessary.Conventional cup hooks may be used on timber ceilings and we recommend spring toggle hooks on plaster ceilings.
Do the bed canopies come with instructions?
Yes, and if further information or help is required please contact us.